Ethanol or Ethyl alcohol or fruit alcohol with the formula C2H5OH is a chemical compound with a special smell and fire that exists in alcoholic beverages.
Ethanol is a clear, no color, liquid rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and distributed throughout the body. It has bactericidal activity and is used often as a topical disinfectant.
- Ethanol is used because of the low freezing point in the anti-icing industry.
- The solvent is very good and it is used in the perfume industry, paint and more.
- A solution of 85% to 70% is used as an antiseptic solution.
- Ethanol eliminates the microorganisms by changing the protein and dissolving the fat. Of course, this action only works against bacteria and viruses and fungi, but it does not affect bacteria.
- Ethanol is also used extensively in the liquor industry.