Diammonium Phosphate (DAP)
Diammonium phosphate with a chemical formula (NH4) 2HPO4 is a chemical compound. Whose molar mass is 132.07 g / mol? The appearance of this combination is white powder.
The color Diammonium phosphate can be white, grey or black (with tones). Also, DAP contains 18% of nitrogen in ammonia form.
Generally, phosphorus is the second most important food ingredient for soil. This element plays a large role in plant metabolism and is one of the essential nutrients for plant growth and development. Providing sufficient amount of phosphorus leads to rapid growth, increased root growth And early product. Diammonium phosphate is considered to be a high-quality fertilizer due to the high level of food (46% P and P 18% nitrogen), and the low tendency to absorb moisture and aging.
- This chemical ca be used as a fertilizer. It applied as plant food and improved the PH of soil, But after a long-term use, it increased the acidity of the soil.
- The other usage of this Diammonium phosphate is a fire retardant. It lowers the temperature. This chemical is largely used in firefighting products.
- DAP is also used as an additive in some kind of brands of cigarettes as a nicotine enhancer to prevent afterglow in matches
- in purifying sugar
- as a fux for soldering tin, copper, zinc and brass
- and to control precipitation of alkali-soluble and acid-insoluble colloidal dyes on wool